Problem in model with transporter

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
simon21

Problem in model with transporter

Post by simon21 »

Hi

I have a problem when i'm trying to make a model, the model contains a Source, from this source a transporter drives the products to a queue, from this queue the product goes to a server. From this server it is taken to the next 4 servers by a Conveyor belt. So far so good!! After the last server there is another queue. So here comes my question: How can i organise the model so the transporter is putting products away at the buffer of the first server and immediate pick the goods of the last queue and take the goods to the warehous? It is my goal to only make use of one transporter. Is there someone who can helpe me?
Ive tried with giving the goods another name after the last server but it still won't work...
marlies

Re: Problem in model with transporter

Post by marlies »

Hi,

Do you use a transporter or the advanced transporter. I prepared a small example using the transporter. What you need to change is the input strategy of the transporter. This strategy determines the order in which your tasks will be handled. I chose the strategy "take the longest waiting", but you may need one of the other strategies or write your own defined rule.

Based on the label [finished], which is updated in the last queue, I also changed the sendto statement of the transporter.

Hope that this gives you some ideas to continue.

Regards, Marlies
Attachments
20130226_Transporter.mod
(23.33 KiB) Downloaded 313 times