Change coords

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Chiara

Change coords

Post by Chiara »

Hello,
here's my question: how can I change coordinates in a function not called in 3Ddraw?
I have to do what pushcoords and popcoords functions do, but not in the 2Ddraw. There's any function that could do it?
I have to rotate an atom for an unknown angle that depends on another angle (depending on 2 atoms into the model) and then translate its coords.
If I were in 3D or 2D I would write:

pushcoords,
rotatecoords(parameter,0,0,1),
translatecoords(parameter,0,0),
di3Dbox(0,0,0,colorblack),
popcoords

Thank you!
Chiara
BartC

Re: Change coords

Post by BartC »

Hello Chiara,

I don't really understand what you want to do in your model, but I have some alternatives for the three commands you use in your drawing events:
  • RotateCoords: With the function RotationAs you can set the rotation around the z-axis of an atom.
    TranslateCoords: With the function SetTranslation you can set the x, y and z translation of an atom.
    di3DBox: For this you have to set the color of the atom to the wanted color (e.g. ColorBlack), then you can use the xSize, ySize and zSize function to set the correct size of your atom and turn the 3D Draw option off and the 3D Outline option on in the 3D tab of your atom
With these instructions you should be able to accomplish what you want I think.

Regards,

Bart
Last edited by BartC on Wednesday 06 February, 2013 - 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
Chiara

Re: Change coords

Post by Chiara »

Thank you BartC,

you have been very helpful!! I managed to solve the problem. SetTranslation function works properly!!! :D

Regards,
Chiara