Priority model with server assigning labels/priorities?

All topics specific to modeling questions in Enterprise Dynamics
Igor

Priority model with server assigning labels/priorities?

Post by Igor »

Hello everyone,

This is the first time I am extensively going to use ED, since I have a quite complex model (I assume) to build.
I'm working trough the tutorials, but might need some advice.

So the model describes the emergency room in a hospital. Patients arrive with a poisson process. After arrival there's a queue, continued by a server where the patient receives a certain color (label) to indicate how fast he/she has to be helped. Color red will be helped instantly, all others will receive treatment based on who needs attention first, all patients leave via a sink afterwards.

I've read in the tutorial about assigning labels with the trigger actions in the source. But I would like to do this in the server, and have a certain percentage of the people receive color red, certain % orange etc etc. How can I accomplish this?

Furthermore, When a non red patient receives treatment, and a red patient comes out of the server, the non-red patient has to return to the queue and wait till the red patient is done. How can I build my model so it makes use of this principle?

Thank you very much in advance! :)
marlies

Re: Priority model with server assigning labels/priorities?

Post by marlies »

Hi Igor,

I did something similar to your request in another topic. That topic was about moving products from the server based on their remaining processing time. Please have a look at this one:

special-product-t28.html

Hopefully this gives you some ideas to continue. If not, just let us know!

Regards, Marlies
Igor

Re: Priority model with server assigning labels/priorities?

Post by Igor »

Well, thanks alot! I think this should set me up way ahead!

Thank you!