Annoying bugs in 4DS-Editor

All topics on coding 4Dscript in Enterprise Dynamics.
ptis

Annoying bugs in 4DS-Editor

Post by ptis »

When writing code in the 4DS-Editor I have some really annoying bugs:

1.) When I hit Enter sometimes it plays the "beep"-sound and no return is done. Mostly I have to hit Enter several times before one return is done.
2.) When I use Copy&Paste it comes often the error message "Cannot open Clipoard.". The content of the clipboard is also lost.

Both problems occur very often and randomly. Do you have solutions for these problems?

Thanks
MatthijsJongboer

Re: Annoying bugs in 4DS-Editor

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

Hello ptis,
Both problems are not known to us.
Can you provide some additional information like the ED version and license you use, what OS and language you use, what hardware you use and if there is any other relevant information.
ptis

Post by ptis »

The boring stuff first: My PC:
  • Windows 7 x64, German
  • C2D 8400, AMD 4850, 8GB RAM
  • lastest ED 8.2.5 (with student or network classroom licence)
But the problems occured also on my old laptop (Dell Latitude D420, WinXP SP3). Thereforce I thought this is a general problem.

After I tried ED in a fresh Vista-VM and the editor works fine I restarted Windows and then only ED. No problems at all. After starting every application one after another I probably found the cause: An always running UltraVNC-Viewer. It permanently copy the current clipboard to the remote one and vice versa. Sometimes other clipboard-watching applications like VMs etc. running also in the background. When all of them are closed the ED editor works fine (5 mins of testing...).

It would be great if you can fix this bug. (I guess ED is the cause, other applications runs fine over years with the VNC-client).
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hi,

I have looked at our engine code and found out that we indeed do something strange with the clipboard. I don't think we can fix this for the upcoming release, but I have put your issue on the development workload.

Gr. Fred...
bassbambi

Post by bassbambi »

Hi,i have exact the same issue. On W7, 64bit. Very annoying indeed, programming without copy/paste is hardly an option... is this fixed already?
bassbambi

Post by bassbambi »

the guys at incontrol told me that its probably an other application locking the clipboard, and indeed, i killed nokia pc suite and all problems solved!
MatthijsJongboer

Post by MatthijsJongboer »

We have seen this behavior with Word and Excel as well.
The problem still exists in version 9.0 but will be solved in the next release.