Queuing in PD

All topics related to questions in Pedestrian Dynamics
marlies

Re: Queuing in PD

Post by marlies »

Hi,

First of all: please select the option Split Edge in ALL the passageways in your model. You'll find it in the tab General of the passageways:
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (49.88 KiB) Viewed 15659 times
If you don't this, you get errors because agent cannot reach (for example) the green location in the picture below. It is along the path that has direction NOT AVAILABLE because of the passageway.
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (148.95 KiB) Viewed 15659 times
If you do select the option SPlit Edget, PD will add two vertices and the direction Not available will be applicable only to the path inside the passageway:
Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (176.37 KiB) Viewed 15659 times
So please: check ALL passageways and set the option Split edge.

Kind regards, Marlies
marlies

Post by marlies »

Also make sure that the activity locations do not overlap the unavailable passageways. So please check the locations at the platform:
Capture5.JPG
Capture5.JPG (125.67 KiB) Viewed 15659 times
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi,

See attached model.
In height layer E3_Ticket I added some obstacles (the red ones). This removes the little networks behind the stairs/escalator. It will make the runs more stable, but it might still happen from time to time a agent gets stuck there during the evacuation.
This is something in the software, we'll try to reproduce and fix it.

I also added the split edges to this model version.

Regards, Marlies
Attachments
Final_File_v2.rar
(221.59 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
ie_1989

Post by ie_1989 »

Thanks a lot. it works much better, but in the experiments the errors remain. Does the errors have effect on the output statistics of the model? I mean an agent may remain in the system until the running time of an experiment finishes
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi,

In some experiments you might miss 1 or 2 agents if the error occurred. I don't think it will influence the statistics a lot as the agents stay on an escalator that is not avaiable (so, it's not blocking other agents).

In the meantime the bug has been fixed, so in the next release this shouldn't happen anymore.

Regards, Marlies
ie_1989

Post by ie_1989 »

Thank you very much. I am looking forward to the new version release. When will it be released exactly? By the way I have encountered a new error during my experiments.
When I increase the number of agent (Nr Agents) which should be generated in my last Generator (its ID is 8), I got an error and the simulation stops. I have attached the snapshot of the error and also my file (the file name is "F1"). The current number is 400. when I increase it to 1000, the error appears.
I guess it is related to the availability of some of the Enter/Exit Locations. I had used "ActivityLocation_TriggerAllApproachingAgents(c, TRUE)" as the trigger on start for them (Enter/ Exit Locations with ID 5513, 5514, 5517, and 5518). It seems that this trigger makes some problems during evacuations taking longer than the repeat time of the availability of the mentioned locations. So I used another rule as the trigger on start, the error went but I got another problem.
I want to acquire statistics of the agents generated by the mentioned Generator. This Generator starts simultaneously with the evacuation time. When I change the trigger rule, I can't have the statistics of all agents generated by this generator. (you can see it in the second file "F2"). What can I do to solve this issue?
Attachments
F2.rar
(225.48 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
F1.rar
(225.3 KiB) Downloaded 285 times
error.png
error.png (24.19 KiB) Viewed 15630 times
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi,

It took some time to figure out what was happening, but now I found the problem. I fixed it in the attached model version.

You were on the right track by suggesting that it had to do with the train exits triggering agents after evacuation time.

What happens is the following:
- In the OnCreation trigger of the Agent Generator, you were using the option to determine the final activity. Effect: agents will be added to the list of approaching agents of their last activity (the train). This is useful, because it enables the last activity to trigger the agents that are approaching, but not yet in the waiting area.
- But: the agent generator also has a delay time, so agents don't immediately enter the model after creation.
- Then the action timer is triggered and all agents in the model get a reroute to the emergency exit. That reroute removes them from the approaching list in the train.
- This list however, still contains the agents that are still in the agent generator, but not yet released.
We will add a solution for these kind of situations. For now, the fix is the following:

Instead of using the DetermineFinalActivity in the OnCreation trigger, you can also use it in the EntryTrigger of the first activity in the route. This is what I did.

So, to find my changes, please go to:

Agent Input > Activities > Entry with ID 23 > Entry Trigger.

I did the same for the entries with ID's: 25,26,27,28,37 based on the routes that are assigned by the agent generators.

What I also changed: the action timer had the option "trigger new agents", but the only new agents are the ones from your new emergency generator. These agents are on the correct route already, so there is not need to trigger them again.

Yesterday I have been told that the new release still requires 1 or 2 weeks. I'll keep you udpated.

Kind regards,

Marlies
Attachments
F1_V2.rar
(224.42 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
ie_1989

Post by ie_1989 »

Thanks a lot Marlies. It works very well ;)
So, it seems that generally it would be better to use Entry Triggers in the Activity Locations rather than in the Generators because it provides more flexibility in the model.
Please let me know when the new version is released. Thank you very much :)
ie_1989

Post by ie_1989 »

Hi. I wanted to know about the data of PD new version release. Has it been determined or it has not been decided yet?
Thank you in advance :)
ie_1989

Post by ie_1989 »

I meant the date of PD new version release