Queuing in PD

All topics related to questions in Pedestrian Dynamics
ie_1989

Re: Queuing in PD

Post by ie_1989 »

Actually, I have some problem Running my original file created in PD2 in the newer version. (I have uploaded them)
I have another question. I want to run an evacuation in my model. The escalators must not be available during evacuation. Unfortunately, When I make them unavailable, the agents on them got stuck and don't move anymore. Is there any way to make the escalators empty before evacuation? I mean the agents currently using escalators should leave them and then the escalators become unavailable
Attachments
Files.rar
(190.34 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi,

Did you implement the changes I sent you by email?

I am asking because I see that the model still contains an overlap between: Stairs_11 (Heightlayer -4) and Copy of Stairs_11 (Heightlayer Landing2_1).
Also the emergency exits at the platforms don't have the option "Split edge" selected.

Once you fix that one, the model will run. See also attached version of the model.

The problem with the escalator was a bug, that's why I sent you the PD3.0.

Kind regards,

Marlies
Attachments
Final_file_pd3_v2.zip
(171.2 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
ie_1989

Post by ie_1989 »

Yes, now it works very well. Thank you very much. By the way, does PD 3 have an elevator module?
marlies

Post by marlies »

Ok, that's nice. And no, not yet..
ie_1989

Post by ie_1989 »

Thanks again... I have another question. Do the layers have a rotation option in PD 3? (It would be totally necessary when I want to model a multi floor building with lots of emergency stairs.)
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi,

It isn't possible to rotate the height layers itself, but there is an easy way to model the walkable space slightly different and rotate it:
- Choose the option walkable area to model the walkable space within the height layer. Walkable area can be found in the menu Draw and then the button with the footsteps. Drawing walkable areas, works exactly the same as for obstacles.
- Select the walkable space. Go to menu selection and press the rotate button to rotate the area (or press F7).

See also attached example model where you'll found a square height layer, but the walkable space is now defined by the rotate walkable area inside the height layer.

Kind regards, Marlies
Attachments
20160215_RotateWalkableSpace.mod
(121.55 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
ie_1989

Post by ie_1989 »

Thanks a lot. It was a nice trick :). I want to ask a question about the new version official release. When do you want to officially release the new version of Pedestrian Dynamics ? I asked it because the new version works much better than the previous one.
marlies

Post by marlies »

The official release has been planned for April. However, we will release the trial version before that. It will be available soon on the website.
ie_1989

Post by ie_1989 »

I want to run an evacuation in my model. In PD it is assumed that the agents can leave the system through any Entry/Exit Locations during an evacuation run. But I don't want this assumption. I want to choose myself the locations through which the agents can leave the system. The problem is that when I add my desirable locations and delete the default activity from the Activity list of the Emergency route, the agent only use the last added activity to the list. What can I do to solve this issue?
Thank you in advance for your help
marlies

Post by marlies »

Hi,

What I do understand from your description is that you changed the emergency route and added more steps. Agents now only execute the last step.

If that's the case, the following might be the case:

- Please go to the action timer in your model > tab effect on agents > setting Response.
- When you click in this edit box, you'll fin the following code:

Code: Select all

{**Switch to emergency route.**}

Agent_Reroute_UpdateActivityRoute(
 s, 
 {New route ID} 0,                {0 = evacuation route}
 {Step within the route} 0        {0 = last step}
) 

- In the red explanation texts, you see that by default the agents switches to evacuation route (0) AND takes the last step (0). This can be overruled by replacing the 0 by another value to let them start at another step in the route (route steps counting is just 1,2,3).

Hope that this will solve your issue, if not, let me know!

Regards, Marlies