invalid goal location for agent

All topics related to questions in Pedestrian Dynamics
Steeben009

invalid goal location for agent

Post by Steeben009 »

Dear Pedestrian users,

I got an error while running my model. I just used this programm which i have to for school, i am currently busy with the Pedestrian Dynamics Tutorial.

I am following all the excercises 1 to 5 untill now. The excercises about the Pedestrian Tunnel.

I created the tunnel with 2 obstacles and 2 shops. When i try to run my model after excercise 4 i get the following errors.

I also have to run an experiment now, but only thing i can do is shut down the programm because of the many errors. Like this:

1 Time: 180.199999999998 Atom: SimControl (ID=170), OnEvent>PD error 1002: Invalid goal location for agent 230573232. Start location (39.04, 9.001) at layer 1. Goal location (-20.726, -0.066) at layer 1 for agent 230573232

Anyone have an idea how to fix this??

Best regards,

Stefan from the Netherlands
marlies

Re: invalid goal location for agent

Post by marlies »

Hi Stefan,

The messages says that the model sends the agent to a location that is not available. This can occur because of different reasons:
- The activity location is (partly) located outside the boundaries of the height layers.
- The activity location (partly) overlaps with an obstacle. I guess this is the case in your model. It can be solved by selecting the option "ensure walkable area" on the activity location.

Maybe you missed this step in the tutorial:

"Since part of the Commercial facilities overlap with the obstacles we need to make sure that all points of the Shops can be visited. Double click on the Commercial facility to open its property dialog. Switch to the Location page and enable Ensure walkable area. Do the same for the other shop. If you do not enable ensure walkable area some agents will lockdown because they want to visit part of the facility located on the obstacle representing the shop and they thus cannot find a path to reach that point."

Success! Just post again if it's still not working.

Marlies